Transferring Domains From Another Registrar to Photon.Net
Most domain names registered at another company can be transferred to Photon.Net. Your web site can always be hosted here no matter where you purchased a domain — but you can also transfer your domain registration over to our domain system so your annual renewal is handled right here. Enjoy the convenience of having your web site and domain registration handled by the same reliable company.
Steps For Transferring A Domain:
- Contact Us to let us know you would like to transfer your domain.
- Your domain will need to be “unlocked” at your current domain name registration provider. They should provide a control panel where you can change your lock/unlock status.
- You will also need the Authorization Code/Key or “EPP Code” from your current domain name registration provider — this should also be available in their control panel. Save this code, as you will need it to authorize the transfer.
- The Administrative Contact of the domain name must be an e-mail address that you have access to. If not, you should update this contact information first at your current domain name registration provider.
- Ideally, your domain name registration period would not already be “expired” at your current domain name provider. If your domain has expired, your current registrar might not allow the transfer to a new provider. Be sure to transfer domains at least a week before the expiration date in order to insure there is enough time to transfer.
If you need assistance with the above steps, contact us and we will be happy to help.